For Continuous Monitoring of Flammable/ Toxic Gases and Oxygen Deficiency
Fixed Gas Detectors
The Model MGT3 is an intrinsically safe gas detector for continuous industrial gas monitoring applications in hazardous and potentially explosive atmospheres. The National Electric Code (NEC) defines hazardous locations as those areas “where fire or explosion hazards may exist due to flammable gases or vapors, flammable liquids, combustible dust, or ignitable fibers or flyings.” These units are designed so that the energy produced in the event of an electrical fault is insufficient to cause an incendive spark, making them suitable for installation in those areas.
These detectors can be configured to monitor for oxygen deficiency along with a variety of flammable, corrosive, and toxic gases. A local LCD display and pushbutton operation make the Model MGT3 easy to operate and integrate into plant operating systems. Plug-in replaceable sensors make maintenance fast and easy.
- Sensor: electrochemical, infrared, pellistor
- Enclosure rating: IP66
- Output: 4-20mA
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +40°C (-4°F to 104°F)
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 4.8” x 3.0” (122mm x 122mm x 75 mm)
- Weight: 1.50 lbs (0.66 kg)
- Suitable for use in Zones 1 and 2 hazardous areasIndustry standard 4-20mA output
- Two adjustable alarm setpoints with relays
- Plug-in replaceable sensors
- Local LCD display and pushbuttons for easy calibration
- ATEX certification